sábado, 29 de diciembre de 2018

Review: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Volume Two : West

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Volume Two : West Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Volume Two : West by Greg Pak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm still embarrassed about the new POV of Turok. Of course, Greg Pak is a writer of my confidence and I was sure this second book will be a good adventure.
I was not wrong. Turok is going west, far from his previous adventure in Manhattan. Here, he's going to find another two rival tribes, and the end of their war is coming. He'll be the definitive figure to a special end of the conflict.

So, I have not the sensation I'm reading a Turok story. This is far from the Gold Key original concept of Turok.

Anyway, I like it. I read it in just one day.
And I really like the artist for this second book: Takeshi Miyazawa.
Miyazawa is a canadian artist, but his artwork is pure japanese manga —his name advices about this—. But there are a lot of manga styles, and here I can tell you that we're in front of something that reminds me about Urasawa and Otomo. Of course, there is some distance between Miyazawa's level and those two monsters of the manga I mentioned, but if you read this book, you are gonna have a really great and positive surprise.

********************
Aún estoy desconcertado por el nuevo enfoque de Turok. Por supuesto, Greg Pak es un guionista en el que confío y estaba seguro que este segundo tomo sería una buena aventura.
Y no me equivocaba. Turok marcha hacia el oeste, se aleja de su anterior aventura en Manhattan. Aquí, se encontrará a otras dos tribus rivales, y el final de su conflicto se acerca. Turok será la figura definitiva para un final especial del conflicto.

De este modo, no tengo la sensación de estar leyendo una historia de Turok. Se aleja mucho de el concepto original de Gold Key con Turok.
Y de todos modos, me gusta. Me lo leí en un solo día.

Y lo que me gusta de verdad es el dibujante de este segundo tomo: Takeshi Miyazawa.
Miyazawa es un artista canadiense, pero su dibujo es puro manga japonés (tal como ya advierte su propio nombre). Pero hay muchos estilo de de manga, y aquí puedo deciros que nos encontramos ante algo que me recuerda a las obras de Urasawa y Otomo. Por supuesto, hay cierta distancia entre el nivel de Miyazawa y estos dos monstruos del manga que he mencionado, pero si lees este tomo, te llevarás una gran y agradable sorpresa.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario